The first Episcopal Church service in Rensselaerville, NY, took place on 21 October 1810 at the Mill House on 10 Mile Creek, today the offices of the EN Huyck Preserve. The church moved briefly to the local schoolhouse and then to the house of Rufus Watson on Main Street, now the McChesney home. The rector, the Reverend Samuel Fuller, would continue in that role for many years.
The present building of Trinity Church was erected in 1815 by local architect-builder Ephraim Russ. In use ever since, it is the oldest functioning Episcopal church building in the diocese, outside of the city of Albany. Originally built in austere New England meeting house style with closed box pews, it later acquired stained glass windows and rows of open pews.
The parish is now embarking on its third century of service.